When fashion craved for more than just Kate Moss' bones, Brazilian goddess Gisele Bundchen answered the bell. With a voluptuous, sun-kissed frame and wavy locks of beautiful brown hair, she soon became a modeling superstar.
At 14, the 5'11" stunner was discovered at a Sao Paulo McDonald's and soon left her home country to pursue modeling in New York. In a few years, she was on her way to becoming one the richest, best known model in the world.
Gisele Bundchen has since left Victoria's Secret, but she's going strong as a new receiver / tight end for New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady. That you know. Here are five facts about Gisele you might not, courtesy of People ...
Gisele Bundchen: Popping zits, dating Tom Brady.
- Back in 2000, Gisele was dubbed the "Boobs from Brazil" by celebrity gossip tabloids, who went as far as to blame her for the 36,000 breast enhancement surgeries performed that year in Brazil.
- After Gisele Bundchen announced that she would never pose topless, a group of runway photographers launched the "Free the Gisele Two" campaign. We assume this sort of naked Gisele Bundchen pic doesn't really count.
- She likes popping zits. "I love squeezing them. I have these big mirrors in my house so even if I don't have one, I look for one to squeeze," she told Time in 2004. "I should be a facialist."
- Hot as she is, Gisele Bundchen's look wasn't always in fashion. She moved to New York during the "heroin chic" era, and often refused clients' demands to lose weight, get a nose job and chop off her wavy locks.
- Tom Brady can appreciate this. When Gisele inked a deal with International Management Company, reports circulated that the contract had a no-marriage clause. "Seriously, like I'm going to give up my life and sign a contract that says I cannot be married and have children? Puh-leeze," Bundchen told the New York Daily News in 2004. "That's the craziest thing I ever heard!"