Thanks to People for this great collection of celebrity quotes from the past week ...
"There are some things I like about L.A. You can have a really healthy lifestyle, and I love running with the dogs on the beach. It's just the social scene is horrific!"
- Mischa Barton (pictured), on the pros and cons of Hollywood
"The name means 'Thank God for Beef' ... Which is kinda lame."
- Shia LaBeouf, discussing the meaning of his unusual name with David Letterman
"I apologize to the pap for a stunt that was done 4 months ago regarding an umbrella. I was preparing my character for a roll [sic] in a movie where the husband never plays his part so they switch places accidentally. I take all my rolls [sic] very seriously and got a little carried away. Unfortunately I didn't get the part."
- Britney Spears, in a post on her Web site, addressing a run-in with celebrity news site X17 just before she entered rehab
"There is nothing gay in this movie. I'm not playing a gay man. Scientology is not homophobic in any way, in fact it's one of the more tolerant faiths."
- John Travolta, responding to critics who say his religion is intolerant of homosexuality and that he shouldn't have played Hairspray's Edna Turnblad because the role was made famous by a gay icon
"I am truly not one to give advice. I'm divorced and I stole my best friend's husband."
- Denise Richards, asked if she had any post-jail advice for Paris Hilton
"He's a good kisser and he didn't pay me to say that."
- Katie Leung, on Harry Potter costar Daniel Radcliffe's smooching
"I've never substituted a meal for a salad in my life."
- A pregnant Nicole Richie, to British Marie Claire
"That would probably go under the category of 'everything.'"
- Jack Wagner, on what he likes best about girlfriend Heather Locklear
"It's a romantic movie. Homer falls in love with a pig."
- The Simpsons creator Matt Groening about The Simpsons Movie
"I've been getting into a lot of older hip-hop music recently like Dr. Dre. Something about the summer brings it out in me."
- Hilary Duff, on the music she'll take with her when she hits the road for an upcoming concert tour.