Steven Hirsch, Co-Chairman of Vivid, told TMZ: "I met with Kim yesterday and unfortunately, we didn't even come close to reaching an agreement. We will now immediately move forward with the release."
After Kardashian filed suit last month, Vivid announced that it would temporarily halt production. The company feels confident that it has a legal right to distribute the DVD of the video. They paid an unidentified third party $1 million for rights to the tape, which was made three years ago and puts most Antonella Barba pics to shame.
Despite the lawsuit, Hirsch said he is still a huge fan of Kim's.
"Kim has all of the qualities that we look for in a Vivid Girl. She's both beautiful and well-spoken which is a rare combination. In fact, if she was a Vivid Girl I might have cast her as 'Debbie' in our 'Debbie Does Dallas...Again' TV series which debuts [Friday] night at 11pm on Showtime."
Nice plug, Steve. And nice chance for Keeley Hazell to find work.
A rep for Kardashian confirms Kim and her manager met briefly with Vivid, but says nothing was resolved. She says Kim will "continue to vigorously defend and protect her legal rights" and adds that her lawsuit against Vivid is still active.
You know, sort of like how a nude Kim Kardashian is active on top of Ray in the video.