Some may believe New Year's Eve is an amateur, anti-climactic holidays. Others, such as the celebrities below, may believe it's an excuse to party like Britney Spears without any underwear on.
Either way, People magazine and The Hollywood Gossip now deliver the goods on what various famous people are up to this December 31:
- Lindsay Lohan has been snapped chilling poolside at the Delano Hotel, so it's only fitting that she's set to party at the South Beach hot spot alongside celebs such as Michelle Trachtenberg, Taye Diggs, Kimberly Stewart, Maxwell and Sofia Vergara.
- At Mansion, DJ AM, Travis Barker and Lohan's ex Wilmer Valderrama will reign over the festivities. As Valderrama told People, "What's a better way to celebrate a great year than coming to Mansion?"
- Euro-chic lounge Prive and Opium Garden, the open-air club it overlooks, will welcome Dave Navarro, Kristin Cavallari and Spider-Man 3's James Franco.
- Jared Leto will helm the party at the Raleigh Hotel, owned by Uma Thurman's beau Andre Balazs, where guests can mingle in an open-air beachfront bar.
- At Setai, Jessica Alba, Haylie Duff and The O.C.'s Benjamin McKenzie will host a poolside soiree with sounds by celeb DJ Steve Aoki.
- Talk about out with the old: Britney Spears will usher in the New Year with a bash at Caesars Palace's PURE nightclub ï¿½" the backdrop for Kevin Federline's "Lose Control" video.
- Good Charlotte frontman Joel Madden will take over the deejay booth at Ghostbar on the 55th floor of the Palms Casino Resort. Will new squeeze Nicole Richie be there to kiss him at midnight?
- Pamela Anderson will host a bash at Tao at the Venetian while her soon-to-be ex-husband Kid Rock parties across the street at The Mirage's Jet nightclub.
- As he did in 2005, Vince Vaughn will bring his Wild West Comedy tour to Mandalay Bay. This year, John Favreau will join him onstage to mark the 10-year anniversary of Swingers, the movie that made them famous.