"Say what you will about me, and I'm not passing judgment, but when I had my daughter, I stayed home with her almost every night for the first year of her life."
- Courtney Love (pictured, with daughter Frances Bean Cobain), on Britney Spears' recent partying
"I did this TV show so I wouldn't have to do sh-tty parts in sh-tty movies, so I'm not going to start now. I'm not that desperate."
- Ellen Pompeo, on why she signed on for Grey's Anatomy
"We live in a violent world. We all know that violence is a recurring theme in history."
- Mel Gibson, on the gratuitous gore in Apocalypto
"Jude Law and I spoke on the telephone a lot before we started shooting going, 'Oh, my God, what if we don't make them laugh; they're going to fire us.' "
- Kate Winslet, starring in the romantic comedy The Holiday
"Tom is one of my best friends, and we are committed to one another and to one another's families. .. He wants the world to be better, and he's dedicated his life to it. I support anybody who wants to do that and loves people that much."
- Will Smith on his friendship with Tom Cruise
"Back in the old days in comedy clubs, you could do anything on stage...I'm not saying what [Michael Richards] said was cool, but in the old days, you would've never saw that on the news.
- Eddie Murphy on how comedy has changed
"I haven't gotten any creepy weirdos yet, though people do ask me, 'What's your favorite way of dying?'"
- Hayden Panettiere, on her newfound fame on NBC's Heroes
"She said my performance was like a religious experienceâ€¦ She said, 'I'm so proud of you.'"
- Jennifer Hudson, on Oprah's response to seeing her performance in Dreamgirls
"I feel there's a nasty connotation when you say 'tell-all.' That is not what I plan to do. It's not about calling people out or telling negative stories about people. It's how I see things."
- Tori Spelling, on her forthcoming memoir