You thought you couldn't get any more shocked than you were from our Video Music Award history lesson from yesterday, huh? After all, look at Paula Abdul.
People magazine, however, has now listed a few startling things from last night's show. Let's see how they compare:
1. Diddy gave MTV's John Norris the silent treatment on the red carpet. The soon-to-be daddy, simply stood cross-armed as a spokesman answered questions on his behalf. Through his interpreter, Diddy did predict Shakira would win video of the year. Somehow, she didn't.
2. Lil' Kim walked onstage flanked by guards, wearing an orange jumpsuit. Guess her 10-month prison stay was fun? The rapper then ripped off he outfit to display a gold bustier.
"I want to thank you for keeping your lighters up for me," she said. "It feels good to be home, here in New York."
3. Sarah Silverman joked in a recorded video that Lance Bass hit on her backstage. When a friend off-camera reminded the comedian that Bass came out of the closet, she deadpanned:
"That totally makes sense because remember that time he wanted to fly to the moon or whatever? Space travel is like the Liza Minnelli of travel!"
4. Power pop group OK GO, working out their skillfully syncopated treadmill dance for "Here It Goes Again." It was the first live onstage performance of the routine â€" which was a viral sensation on YouTube.
4. Little Miss Sunshine star Abigail Breslin, reprised her moves from the movie to "Superfreak" with Fergie.
"Oh, that's so cool," the 10-year-old cooed before presenting the best new artist in a video. "I got to dance on the VMAs."