What does a man do when his gorgeous ex-wife starts to score with a mellow dramatic singer/song-writer? He drives hard to the hole himself ... by purchasing a professional basketball team!
Yes, Nick Lachey has joined a bevy of B-listers in creating The Hollywood Fame, a franchise set to begin play in the American Basketball Association this season. Joining the former boy band crooner in the endeavor are:
- A.J. DiScala
- Former Dancing with the Stars contestant and WWE Diva, Stacy Keibler
- Awful quarterback, Kyle Boeller
- Former MLB player and steroid abuser, Brady Anderson
Perhaps Lachey joined the group because he's probably the most famous name among ownership.
Player tryouts were held on Tuesday, with another round planned for September to fill any remaining spots on the squad. Colin Farrell showed up, but was turned away when he found out they didn't mean that kind of player.
"We're excited about the Hollywood Fame bringing highly skilled basketball players to the fans of Los Angeles. We are creating a unique family entertainment option at affordable prices," said DiScala, the former husband and manager of Sopranos actress Jamie-Lynn Sigler.
Two points of interest:
- Sorry, Nick, but watching your own players on the court won't make you feel any better about the fact that John Mayer is now scoring with your ex, Jessica Simpson. In a slow, profound, acoustic sort of way.
- The Hollywood Fame? Really? We only would've asked for a few million in royalities to let you borrow The Hollywood Gossip. Think about it.